WHAT IS CAREER & TECHNICAL DUAL CREDIT?
Career & Technical (CTE) Dual Credit is a program that offers high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors the opportunity to take CTE classes that earn both high school and college credit (a 3 hour college credit = 1 Carnegie unit) for a discounted rate. These classes are offered on local high school campuses only.
*For Academic/General Education classes, check out our Academic Dual Credit Program.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO ENROLL?
- Be classified as a sophomore, junior, or senior
- Have a minimum 2.0 high school GPA
- Have taken the ACT or Accuplacer prior to enrolling in classes
- Be granted acceptance into a CTE class at a local high school
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE:
- Students must be a resident of Lauderdale County to enroll in CTE Dual Credit. If the student lives outside of Lauderdale County but attends an MPSD or LCSD school, they can enroll but will be charged an out-of-district fee.
- Students may take up to two classes per semester at a discounted price. The student
will be charged full tuition price for additional classes. Academic Dual Credit classes
are included in the two-class limit.
- Applying for CTE Dual Credit does not guarantee entrance to the program. Students must meet all requirements and complete the entire application process to be enrolled.
READY TO GET STARTED? COMPLETE THESE 2 STEPS:
- Please select "Dual Credit" as your student type, and "University Transfer" as your program of study.
- Please be sure to choose the correct semester:
- Spring: Classes begin in January
- Summer: Classes begin in May
- Fall: Classes begin in August
- ALL STUDENTS must submit a new application for admission each Fall semester and again if the students skips a semester during the year.