The Summer Bridge Program is an intensive two-week Math program offered through generous patrons and the Meridian Community College Foundation. Our Bridge staff, consisting of Mathematics instructors, recruiters and advisors, is dedicated to student success. Our program is designed to aid students who have difficulty with mathematical skills transition more easily into the collegiate environment.
- THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JULY 14, 2023
JULY 17-27, 2023 | MONDAY-THURSDAY | 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- Week 1: July 17-20
- Week 2: July 24-27
- Students must attend both weeks to "bridge" into a higher Math course.
- The program will accept applications until capacity is reached.
The Summer Bridge program is designed to help students who plan on attending MCC during the next school year and who have:
- Scored between 16 and 17 on the ACT
- Scored between 231 and 253 in the algebra portion of the ACCUPLACER
This program is also available for anyone interested in improving their mathematical skills in preparation for a college course.
- Students have a better chance to graduate or transfer in two years.
- Students will increase their academic skills and abilities.
- Students have the opportunity to "bridge" into a higher Math class, thus saving time and money.
- The Summer Bridge Program is FREE!
- Our Summer Bridge program is an accelerated review of mathematical skills at the intermediate level in order to assess and sharpen the skills necessary for College Algebra at Meridian Community College.
- Upon completion of the Summer Bridge Program, students who PASS will be eligible to move directly into College Algebra at MCC without having to take Intermediate Algebra.
- The opportunity to bypass Intermediate Algebra is only available for students planning to attend MCC or those who are already enrolled.