Procedures and Rules
- All students who test at the eLearning Center must present proper identification (current) MCC ID for MCC students or student ID/driver’s license/state issued ID/military ID for non-MCC students.
- All students must have an existing appointment and be ready to check in upon arrival.
There are two QR codes in the lobby you can use. We do not schedule appointments or take walk-ins. Failure to make an appointment or
lack of appointment availability does not constitute a test extension.
In addition, students arriving to test more than 15 minutes after their scheduled test time may not be permitted to test if another appointment is not available and will be marked as no shows.
- The eLearning Center will close at the regularly scheduled and posted times. Students must submit exams by the scheduled closing time.
- The following items are NOT allowed either in the eLearning Center or near the testing computers:
- Electronic equipment (including but not limited to) cell phones, smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, tablets, laptops, CDs, DVDs, flash drives, etc. must be left in the designated area. Cell phones must be silenced or turned off before being locked up. A cell phone going off (including alarms) in our lobby will result in your test being interrupted and escorted to the locker to turn off your phone. You will not be permitted to make up missed testing time.
- Food or Drinks
- Books/notes/note cards/scratch paper/formula sheets/etc. with anything written before a testing access code/password is entered, etc. or use of any other website besides the exam site unless otherwise specified by your instructor.
- Children, visitors, and other guests are not allowed to be in the testing lab or lobby at any time.
- No animals are allowed, unless for pre-approved accommodations such as service animals.
In order to ensure a student has adequate time to complete their proctored exam, the Holladay Center for eLearning will not begin administering any tests 1 hour prior to closing. Anyone who arrives at the center after these times will not be tested. This applies to 2-hour exams which will not be permitted; 1-hour exams are permitted if times allows.
- Proctor site appointments fill quickly, especially during finals exams, and it is recommended students schedule these exams at the beginning of the semester. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule proctored exams. Instructions for doing so are in Canvas. Failure to make an appointment or lack of appointment availability does not constitute a test extension.
- A current MCC ID is required to test, and you should arrive at least 5 minutes before
your appointment time. As a reminder, the MCC testing center does not accept students
past our one hour to closing mark for any exam longer than one hour (for example,
if the center closes at 4:30 pm, the last tester is admitted no later than 3:30 pm
if their exam is one hour or less). In addition, students arriving to test more than
15 minutes after their scheduled test time may not be permitted to test if computers
are not available and are marked as no shows.
Scheduling a Proctored Exam
The Holladay Center for eLearning provides free test proctoring services for students who are enrolled in MCC and/or MSVCC courses. If a student chooses to test virtually through our virtual proctoring vendor, a fee will be assessed for the service. All virtual proctoring fees are the responsibility of the student. All proctored exam appointments will be scheduled through Proctoring. Proctoring is located in the left-hand menu of your Canvas course. If you have questions about scheduling an appointment, you may contact the Holladay Center for eLearning at 601.484.8669 or firstname.lastname@example.org during our hours of operation.