Here you can learn about different community organizations and advocates concerning knowledge, resources, and opportunities to improve your well-being and build a strong foundation for success. These community resources can also provide students help with overcoming different challenges that range from limited access to income, support services, healthy relationships, and much more.
Care Lodge is a place find help, hope and healing from unhealthy and harmful relationships.
The purpose of Wesley House is to provide a holistic approach in providing resources
to those in need. A “hand up” is offered rather than a “hand out” so that people are
able to retain their dignity and regain their independence. The services are offered
to people from all walks of life who find themselves in need of support. These services,
other than the preschool, are free of charge to everyone. Wesley House offers these
services to everyone regardless of race, creed, religion, national origin or sexual
- East Mississippi Child Advocacy Center
- East Mississippi Sexual Assault Crisis Center
- Educational Services
- Christian Relief
- Connectional Ministries
1520 8th Ave
Meridian, MS 39301
The Lauderdale County Health Department provides health protection, health promotion,
and health planning. Some services require an appointment, but walk-ins are accepted
on a limited basis.
- Disease Surveillance
- Disease tracking and outbreak management
- Laboratory testing for West Nile virus, flu, syphilis, TB, HIV, and other diseases
- Prevention programs for flu, mosquito-borne diseases, HIV, and other STDs, and communicable diseases
- Statewide coordination of immunizations and vaccinations
- Disease and Injury Prevention
- Tobacco control and cessation programs
- Nutritional training and information
- Chronic disease prevention and management (arthritis, diabetes, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, and other diseases)
- Safe biking and walking in communities
- Car seat safety and installation
- Fire safety
- Standards of Care
- Child care facility licensing and regulation
- Licensing and regulation of nursing homes, assisted living, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities
- Trauma care regulation
- Licensure of audiologists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, dietitians, and other professions
- Required and recommended childhood immunizations
- Meningococcal and HPV vaccinations for adolescents
- Seasonal flu vaccinations for all ages
- Recommended vaccinations for international travel
- Comprehensive Reproductive Health
- Educational information and counseling
- Physical exams and contraceptive supplies
- STD/HIV testing
- Pregnancy care
- Women, Infants, and Children
- New and improved monthly supplemental food packages
- Nutrition education classes
- Breastfeeding support
- Health care referrals
5224 Valley Street
Meridian, MS 39304
Meridian WIC Center
3701 Eighth Street
Meridian, MS 39307
The Meridian Housing Authority's mission is to provide decent, safe and affordable housing with reasonable accommodations for eligible citizens of Meridian, Mississippi and to encourage programs that promote self-sufficiency, empowerment and respect.
2425 E Street
Meridian, MS 39302
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act presents an extraordinary opportunity to improve job and career options for our nation’s workers and job candidates through an integrated, job-driven public workforce system that links diverse talent to businesses. The Mississippi Department of Employment Security, through a contract with the state’s four workforce areas, offers approved job training activities for adults, dislocated workers, and youth.
- WIOA Training Assistance
Training assistance is available for approved programs. This includes tuition, books, and some program associated fees.
- WIOA Supportive Services
Supportive Services are available for students who are WIOA eligible.
- WIOA Internship
Internship opportunities are available for students who are WIOA eligible.
WIN Job Center
Meridian, MS 39307
MCC has contracts for student mental health counseling services with Weems Community Mental Health Center and with Psychology Associates. Full-time enrolled students are eligible for up to four visits, paid by MCC, during a calendar year. Sessions are confidential. A student can call either agency and make an appointment. The student should bring his/her student identification card and Course Schedule to the appointment. Weems provides after-hours emergency telephone consultations.