Under MCC's Early Admission Program, students who are currently attending high school may qualify to earn dual credit an Academic or Career and Technical courses at Meridian Community College.
Do you meet the qualifications?
|For Academic Dual Credit||For Career & Technical Dual Credit|
Apply for the Dual Credit Program in 3 easy steps:
- ALL students must submit a new application for admission each Fall semester and again if the students skips a semester during the year.
- Please be sure to choose the correct semester:
- Spring: January-April
- Summer: May-July
- Fall: August-December
- Please select "University Transfer" as your program of study.
- Not sure if this is you? This application is for classes such as English Comp, Public Speaking, History, etc. It admits a student into the Academic Dual Credit Program for one academic school year. If a student does not continuously enroll in a course each semester, this application must be resubmitted.
- NOTE: All students must submit this form to take Academic courses in the Fall semester.
- Not sure if this is you? This application is for classes such as Work Based Learning, Sign Language, Engineering, Health, etc. It admits a student into the CTE Dual Credit Program for one academic school year. If a student does not continuously enroll in a course each semester, this application must be resubmitted.
- Note: All students must submit this form to take CTE courses in the Fall semester.
- Not sure if this is you? A student who is currently taking a fall or spring Dual Credit class can fill this
form out to continue into the next semester.
- NOTE: This form is only for students who are continuing into the Spring or Summer semesters.
- Students may take up to two classes per semester at the discounted dual credit price. The student will be charged full tuition price
for any classes after the first two.
- Students who live outside of Lauderdale County will not receive the discounted dual
- Many classes have additional Inclusive Access Materials Fees that cover course materials,
textbooks, etc. Please refer to the Tuition and Fees Schedule or contact MCC for more information.
- Some courses do have minimum ACT/Accuplacer Score Requirements:
- English Comp: 17 English subscore
- College Algebra: 19 Math subscore
- Anatomy & Physiology: 16 Composite score
- Public Speaking: 17 Composite score (or have passed English Comp 1 with a C or higher)